Presenting Evidence PPT
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Select and review one innovation or quality tool from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Innovations Exchange (www.innovations.ahrq.gov/). There are over 650 innovations and 1600 quality tools organized by subject. To assist you in narrowing your search, browse the subject tab. You can select an innovative practice or quality tool using various criteria including disease or clinical category, patient population, stage of care, setting of care, administrative or quality processes, IOM domains of quality. Background reading on the site can be found by linking to “Submit an Innovation” and its sub link “Inclusion Criteria for Heath Care Service Delivery Innovation.”
Once you select an innovative practice or quality tool, review the profile description and prepare a 15 minute presentation (15 slides maximum) describing the innovative practice or quality tool. You must have speaker notes associated with EACH slide that are the words you would say to the audience if you were actually speaking the presentation. You must include the following items (1-7):
Below #1 – #7 = 80%
1. Title slide that must include innovation or quality tool along with your name (this one slide is not included in slide count). (5%)
2. Introductory information that describes, summarizes and gives other important facts about the innovation or quality tool (maximum 2 slides). (10%)
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted….
3. Highlight the value of the innovation or quality tool in terms of its impact on health care improvements and quality of care (maximum 10 slides). (40%)
4. Describe how you as an advanced practice nurse can use the innovation or quality tool to promote an evidence base in your own practice (maximum 2 slides). (10%)
5. Summary (maximum one slide). (5%)
6. Reference slide (this one slide is not included in the slide count).
7. You must develop and include a handout to be distributed to all participants. The handout must summarize the presentation and include significant information as well as a list of references to assist the audience in understanding the innovation or quality tool. This is to be posted to the dropbox along with the PPT. (handout = 10%)
Below (#8) worth 20%
8. Format criteria below:
a. Presentation style is consistent with that expected in the professional environment
b. Presentation skills are consistent with graduate-level expectations
c. Content of slides and speaker notes is accurate
d. Speaker notes contain content of the actual presentation and do not repeat slide content – must be associated with each individual slide in presentation. Speaker notes are not a copy/paste from the article but demonstrate true synthesis of the information requested.
e. Plagiarism check must validate minimal similarity to sources (e.g., small similarity index). Speaker notes must be uploaded as a separate file for plagiarism review only – this file will not be used by faculty for correlation to individual slides in PPT assignment.
f. Slides contain an appropriate amount of content
g. Slides are professional in appearance and tone (professional graphics used and copyright not violated)
h. Slide and speaker notes are free of grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and other errors
i. Summary is included