Examine the following items. If an item seems problematic, what is the problem? Can you fix it? (DON’T ANSWER THIS IN THE ASSIGNMENT, USE IT AS ANALYSIS FOR PART ONE QUESTION BELOW)
1. Renee doesn’t like it ___________.
when her friends were late for an appointment
when are her friends late for an appointment
when her friends are late for an appointment
when were her friends late for an appointment
2. If it doesn’t rain this weekend, I’ll _____ a picnic .
3. My friend waited at the corner until her bus ___.
4. A: Are you going to the movies tonight?
B: I’m sorry. I ________.
5. She asked him for the time, _____ he didn’t have a watch.
Answer: even though
Review your analysis of the items above and then choose one of them to comment on.
Your institution currently uses multiple-choice grammar and vocabulary tests (70 points), along with the writing of a short composition (e.g. A person whom I admire, 30 points), to assess student progress across all levels at the end of each semester. You have been asked to make recommendations as to how the present system could be improved. Present your case by first evaluating the present system, and then by making suggestions for changes.