CONNECT Instructions (MGT2220 Hendon)
Connect is a dynamic and interactive e-Learning program designed to help students
to practise operations management problems and improve their understanding of the
concepts of the course. For this module students need to access Connect to
complete and submit four portfolios of exercises.
To access your Connect online course, you need to register. Whenever you want to
use Connect after that, you just need to log in. You can do both of these from the
same web page:
A direct link to the web sites is provided on the MGT2220 page in myUniHub. You
must ensure that you use the correct URL when accessing the assessment. Any
assessment completed on the wrong module page will NOT count towards your final
Register for Connect
To register, you will need a unique student registration code and the module web
address (URL). A student registration code has been created for you and is available
in ‘Grades on the MGT2220 page in myUniHub. Please go to look it up now and
write it down below. Note that you must input the code using capital letters. The web
address for you module is shown below (and is also available in myUniHub).
Each registration code can be registered only once, so make sure you complete the
registration process correctly. Note that each code has an expiry date. You must
register your registration code before the expiry date, which is the 31st of October
2013. If you fail to register your code before the expiry date you will need to contact
your tutor for advice.
Follow the instructions below to activate your personal account in Connect:
1. Go to the registration page for your module either through the link on
MGT2220 page in myUniHub or type in
2. A message that says: ‘Your browser is not supported. Please use a supported
browser or Connect may not display correctly’ may appear now or later. If you
are using a private computer it is a good idea to update your browser if
possible. Otherwise ignore the message and click the green button on the
bottom of the page that says ‘Continue to Log In with the Unsupported
Browser’. The site will display and function correctly despite this message.
3. Once on the ‘McGraw-Hill Connect – Welcome!’ site, check that the class
details on the right are correct (They should read as follows: Course:
Operations Management 2013-14 Hendon, Section: MGT2220 HEN 2013-14,
Instructor: Anna Lassila, Textbook: Operations Management Stevenson,
4. If you are on the correct site, click the ‘Register now’ button on the bottom
right corner of the page. (If the details on the right are not correct, then check
that you have typed the URL correctly. If you continue to have problems
please contact your tutor)
5. On the ‘Student Registration’ page enter your university email address. Click
6. Next you are asked if you ‘Have a registration code?’ Enter your Registration
code (you can find this in ‘Grades’ on MGT2220 page in myUniHub) in capital
letters and select ‘Submit’.
7. On the ‘Registration: Create an Account’ page, you need to first create your
account. Check that your university email address is correct and then re-type
8. Create a ‘Password’. Your password must be at least 6 characters long and
must not contain spaces. Choose something that is easy for you to remember
but difficult for others to guess.
9. Re-type your password.
10. Enter your Name. In the first box type your first name, in the second smaller
box enter the first letter of your middle name (if applicable) and in the third box
enter your last name (you must enter your name as it appear in your student
ID). Make sure you enter your personal details correctly so that your grades
will be recorded. If the name you have entered does not appear in the student
records, you will be disconnected from the site and all your marks are lost.
11. Next you are asked to ‘Tell us about your school’. For ‘Country’ select United
12. For ‘State’ enter England.
13. For ‘School’,if text ‘No Schools Found’ appears then click ‘My school is not
listed’ link below the box. Now type ‘Middlesex University (London)’ in th
14. Next you are asked to ‘Tell us some security information’. To protect your
account, select a security question from the drop down menu and enter your
15. Enter a secondary email address if you have one.
17. Select the ‘I’d like to receive information about other McGraw-Hill products,
services and promotions that relate to my course…’ box if you want to be
contacted by the publisher.
18. Click ‘Complete My Registration’ to submit your registration.
19. The ‘Student Registration: Complete’ page indicates that your registration has
20. Click the ‘Go to Connect Now’ link to enter the Connect site. You’ll be directed
where you can log in by entering your email address and the password you
just created. Click the ‘Sing in’ button.
21. ‘Updates and notices’ pop up window may appear with messages from the
Connect administrators (these are not messages from your module leader or
tutors). You can ignore this and select ‘close this window’ to continue to
22. When you see ‘Operations Management 2013-14 – MGT2220 HEN 2013-14’
at the top of the page with McGraw-Hill Connect logo, you are at the right
module site and can start to work with your assignments. In the top menu you
can see three sections: ‘home’ (currently displayed), ‘library’ and ‘reports’. In
the ‘home’ section you can view and access your assignments (All online
Portfolios that you need to complete will appear on this page. Remember that
60% of your grade will come from the portfolio exercises taken in Connect, so
keep your account details safe.). Under ‘reports’ you can view your results.
The ‘library’ section is not used in this module and will be empty.
23. Remember to click the ‘sign out’ link in the upper right corner of the screen
when you have finished. To protect your account close the browser window
before leaving the computer. Remember to keep your Password safe. Do not
let anyone else to use it as all actions taken in Connect using your account
details will be recorded and count towards your final grade. All assessment in
Connect must be completed individually.
24. To Login into Connect again, follow the instructions below. You do not need to
Login into Connect
1. Go to http://connect.mcgraw-hill.com/class/a_lassila_mgt2220_hen_2013-14.
You can find a direct link to this site on MGT2220 page in myUniHub.
2. Enter your email address and the password you just created, and click ‘Sign
Guide for Connect
You can use either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer to access Connect. Any
problems with the Connect site must be reported immediately by email to Anna
Lassila. Note that the dates in Connect follow the American system, i.e. MM/DD/YY.
You can find Portfolios 1, 2, 3 and 4 in Connect ‘home’ page. Note that some
assignments can be visible for you early on the site but you will not be able to access
them until the dates given in your assessment schedule (see page 10). Portfolios
that are available for you are highlighted in blue. To access the assignment, click the
assignment title. You can navigate the questions in the assignment by using the
drop-down menu on top of the page. Note that most assignments will have more
than one question. For portfolios, you can at any time click ‘save & exit’ button to
leave the assignment. If you exit this way your answers will be saved and you can
return later to continue your work. If you click ‘submit assignment’ your work is
submitted and you will not be able to continue it later. However, you have unlimited
number of attempts for each portfolio until the submission deadline for that portfolio.
You can view your assignment marks in the ‘reports’ section.