Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Title: The effectiveness of your organisation’s ethical and CSR policies.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is defined as ‘a concept whereby companies integrate social and environmental concerns in their business operations and in their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis’ (Belz and Peattie 2009).
This second part is an individual piece of work, which counts for 60% of your module grade. For this, you are required to evaluate the effectiveness of your organisation’s ethical and CSR policies, and to make recommendations on how it can improve on these.
You must consider any advantages/ commercial benefits or risks of implementing such voluntary ethical or environmental programs for all stakeholders, including the partners in their value chain.
Your answer should discuss concept such as dematerialization, environmental value chain management, upstream and downstream relationships with distributers and suppliers and more issues of your choice.
Your work must be submitted in report format and should not exceed 2500 words (excluding executive summary, contents page, reference section and appendices). Work exceeding this limit will be marked down by one grade.
Mode of submission: Electronic.
Deadline for your submission: July 2014
? Understanding of the broader issues of the module
? Evidence of wide range of reading
? Understanding of the issues presented by promoting environmental programs
? Critical analysis
? Presentation and readability
? Appropriate report format and use of Harvard reference system
Management Report Format
1. Title Page:
The effectiveness of your organisation’s ethical and CSR policies.
Include Student Number, Tutor Group, Day and Tutor, The Company Researching.
2. Executive summary (informs the reader of the report quickly)
• What your aim was?
• Which company you researched?
• Key findings?
• Concluding comments?
3. Contents Page
• List contents of main sections plus any sub sections.
• Include list of figures, list of tables if used.
• Introduce the organisation (size, value, what they do) and how they currently address corporate social responsibility.
• Introduce the topic and what this report will do.
5. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the organisation’s CSR Policy.
• Based on your research from CW1 evaluate critically how effective the organisations policies, use academic references to support or argue the cases you put for forward.
• Use the key areas from CW1 to format this section. (Key ethical issues facing the organisation today)
6. Advantages/Disadvantages (commercial benefits) of Implementing Voluntary Ethical Programs.
Specifically identify a key voluntary ethical program implemented within the company and evaluate the commercial benefits to the organisation, discuss the advantages but also illustrate the disadvantages that a voluntary plan may also bring, support with academic reference.
7. Impact on stakeholders.
Highlight the impacts of ethical programs on the stakeholders, include the supply chain and how the organisations policy can affect them, what impact do the policies have on the public and communities.
8. Recommendations based on your findings and supported by academic references/good industry practice.
Establish clear recommendations where the organisation may be able to improve its corporate social responsibility policy and programs and how it presents it to the wider population.