1. Discuss the stages of change model in detail.
2. Explain how the different stages of change can impact successful treatment of substance disorders
3. Provide general recommendations for treatment at each stage based on the stages of change model.
4. Develop a detailed treatment plan for a patient whom you assess to be at the contemplation stage. How might your treatment plan change depending on the setting (e.g. – in-patient versus out-patient)?
5. Conclude with a brief discussion regarding the ethical, legal, individual or socio-cultural implications of your treatment recommendations.
Only use scholarly sources 6-9 sources and the references have to be within 5 yrs so no later than 2009