The Sierra Nevada Ecosystem
A. Write a brief analysis of an ecosystem in which you do the following:
1. Describe the geographic location of your ecosystem.
2. Provide a visual that shows a remote view of your ecosystem’s geographic location (e.g., a map that you located while conducting research or a map image from Google Maps).
3. Identify at least five specific biotic components (e.g., “aspen tree” not just “tree”) of the ecosystem.
4. Identify 2–3 specific abiotic components (e.g., “average annual rainfall” not just “rain”) of the ecosystem.
B. Create a visual model (e.g., graphic organizer, concept map) of an interrelationship that exists in your chosen ecosystem.
1. Explain the relationships and biological processes depicted in your visual model.
Note: Example interrelationships that you may choose to model include a food web in your ecosystem, a biogeochemical cycle of your ecosystem, etc. Your explanation should clarify how the different species presented affect one another.
C. Write a conclusion in which you describe how human activity has impacted your chosen ecosystem.
D. Include at least three academically appropriate sources.
1. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.