Read the following instructions in order to complete this assignment and review the example of how to complete the math required for this assignment:
- Read problem 46 on page 240 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra.
- Assign a variable to each type of rocker Ozark Furniture makes.
- Write a linear inequality which incorporates the given information of total board feet and the board feet required for each type of rocker.
- On scratch paper, draw a graph of the inequality so that you have this visual to go by as you discuss the graph in your writing. A scanned copy of this graph may be attached with your essay, but is not required.
- Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? CLICK HERE TO GET THIS PAPER WRITTEN
- Write a two- to three-page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the Instructor Guidance and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, do the following:
- Demonstrate your solution to the above problem, making sure to include all mathematical work.
- Describe what this graph looks like. Include information about the intercepts, the type of line needed, direction of the line, and region(s) shaded to fulfill the inequality. Any details which are pertinent to know about the graph should be mentioned.
- Evaluate the findings in this graph. Pick a point in the shaded area and give its coordinates, and then discuss what those numbers mean in terms of rockers and board feet of lumber. Pick a point outside of the shaded area and do the same thing. Pick a point right on the line and discuss the same details. Be specific.
- Apply the linear inequality to solve the following problem: a chain furniture store faxes an order for 175 modern rocking chairs and 125 classic rocking chairs. Will Ozark Furniture be able to fill this order with the current lumber on hand? If yes, how much lumber will they have left? If no, how much more lumber would they need to fill the order? Explain your answers
Discussion WEEK 3 H or U is the one that I need
Read the following instructions in order to complete this discussion, and review the example of how to complete the math required for this assignment:
- Given an equation of a line, find equations for lines parallel or perpendicular to it going through specified points. Find the appropriate equations and points from the table below. Simplify your equations into slope-intercept form.
If your first name starts with Write the equation of a line parallel to the given line but passing through the given point. Write the equation of a line perpendicular to the given line but passing through the given point. H or U
- Discuss the steps necessary to carry out each activity. Describe briefly what each line looks like in relation to the original given line.
- Answer these two questions briefly in your own words:
- What does it mean for one line to be parallel to another?
- What does it mean for one line to be perpendicular to another?
- Incorporate the following five math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):
- Ordered pair
- X- or y-intercept
Your initial post should be 150-250 words in length. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7. Make sure you choose people who don’t have the same equations as you worked. Do you agree with how they used the vocabulary? Do their equations seem reasonable given what they started with?
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your discussion.